Branding is one of the most critical aspects of business strategy and provides a sustainable competitive advantage. Branding allows a business to differentiate its products and services from those of its competitors’. The digital economy has made it easier for small businesses to gain access to branding experts and leverage branding in a meaningful way.
What is Brand Strategy?
To understand brand strategy, one must first understand branding.
In simple terms, branding is the process of quantifying the value and authenticity of an organization, product, or service. It is a clear set of characteristics, benefits, and attributes that define a particular brand. Many people are often confused about branding and marketing.
Branding is what drives marketing because branding is strategic and marketing is tactical.
In contrast, brand strategy defines rules and guidelines on how, what, where, when and to whom you communicate your brand messages. A well-defined and executed brand strategy leads to a consistent brand message, a strong emotional connection with customers, and higher brand equity.
Why You Need A Brand Strategy
We live in a world that is driven by perception and brands represent customers’ opinion of a company’s credibility, products, reputation and customer experience. A brand strategy is essential because it provides clarity about the competitive landscape, market position and customer expectations. This information is critical to develop effective marketing strategies and to fine-tune marketing messages to maximize your competitiveness and build strong brands. Branding significantly enhances the brand’s market performance and profitability by improving name recognition, building credibility and trust, increasing advertising effectiveness and inspiring employees.
How We Can Help
We help businesses of all types develop their brand strategy by learning about their business, history, and goals. We understand that branding goes way beyond just a business logo or color scheme.
We develop brand strategies that clearly identify short-term and long-term goals, communication channels and impact on brand equity. The brand message is refined to make sure it is aligned with the mission and values of the brand. A clear brand message is a key to bridge the gap between brand strategy and brand messaging.
- We start by learning about you, what makes your business unique, your strengths and weaknesses, competition, target audience, and opportunities.
- We perform a comprehensive review of your marketing communications to evaluate your existing brand identity.
- We review the brand’s value proposition as well as positioning.
- We identify and define attributes that set your brand apart from competitors and how to leverage these attributes to gain a sustainable competitive advantage.
- We use our keen understanding of digital, social and mobile marketing as well as traditional marketing to develop a brand message that is consistent and coherent with the overall brand strategy.
- We review visual identity elements such as logos, taglines, and colors to make sure they align with your business objectives.
- We then develop a comprehensive branding strategy and a new brand identity incorporating changes identified by the brand audit and discovery sessions.
- We make sure that marketing strategy is aligned with the branding strategy.
What We Offer
- Brand strategy & planning
- Brand positioning
- Brand proposition development
- Brand architecture strategy
- Brand portfolio analysis
- Brand extensions
- Co-branding strategy
Need help with brand strategy? Contact us online or give us a call at (515) 225-6438 to schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation!